Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Hare situation--->Total panic!!!

Hey guys,

I feel like the Hare in the story of the hare and the tortoise. I took the GMAT in Sep-07........ have been obsessing about B-school since 10 months before that..... and to think that at the crunch time, the steam leaks out....... Nothing is moving as per the plan......Result: CHAOS

Recommenders seem to be in hibernation...... Have told them to be punctual twice since the initial talks...... But no candy yet.....

The university seems to take it's own sweet time in delivering the transcripts....... I saw this ahead but still..... UCLA DL is in nearly 2 weeks and still no news or letter.......

The essays are nice enough but every time I open them, something or the other catches my eye and I desperately try to correct it, within the word limit of course...... simultaneously wondering what if I'd send it...... slapping myself for the carelessness and dilating my pupils to twice their usual size before going back to work....... :)

The application is the only thing which has been done peacefully...... that's the beauty of the objective data fields...... black or white........ no fuss...... no editing...... no madness.......

And in between whenever I get some time off, I wonder how will the other applications shape up, this is just the first one....... I mean HBS will be fine, but then there is Duke (only outlines have been made), and Darden, Oxford and Texas (no progress whatsoever - yes, not even outlines......) And all have to be finished in R1........ :(

Shall repost when some of the Panic and Chaos subdues....... till then pray for
PEACE......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a 2009 applicant too and I TOTALLY know what you are feeling. My essays are crawling along, but between cajoling recommenders and attending all the school events, I am wound up so tight, my work is actually suffering. that's probably the reason why i am trawling blogs in the afternoon!

Mo Zhou said...

Me too!!!! plan to suck it up for two weeks, work hard and get totally trashed two Fridays from now and sleep for the whole weekend.

TienyChesney said...

have you thought about taking your recommenders out to lunch or drinks? a small price to pay for some encouragement in my opinion. i wouldn't actually mention the recommendations but i'm sure they'll bring it up over the course of conversation. just trying to be strategic here!

P.S. the objective data fields are my fav part of the apps too!

TienyChesney said...

haha, you totally freaked me out with that comment. i didn't realize it was an Evanescene quote so the first line weirded me out :P

 
Add to Technorati Favorites